Applications for the Elizabeth Solter Emerging Athlete Award are currently being accepted. Please download the application at the following link: Elizabeth Solter Emerging Athlete Award Application Form
We are currently accepting monetary donations to continue this prestigious award. All donations to the MHSA are tax deductible. Please contact Ericka Caslin if you have any questions about the award or if you are interested in donating.
- The Elizabeth Solter Emerging Athlete Award is awarded to a dedicated and knowledgeable young rider (USEF horse show age 15-26) who has demonstrated the enthusiasm, work ethic and aptitude necessary for success as a horseman
- The award winner would have the talent and ambition to excel in the hunter/jumper industry; and must be capable of riding in the hunter, equitation and jumper rings
- Exemplary all-around performance: from riding to horsemanship to sportsmanship will be reviewed
- The award winner will be someone who has a future as a rider in the sport, as well as a successful horseman who is viewed as a “good sport” among his/her peers
- Must be a current member of MHSA and in good standing
- $1,000 cash bonus to be included to use as a scholarship for college, or in the case of a young professional, to go towards horse business-related expenses
- Applications to be accepted from the MHSA general membership. An application can be filled out as a nomination by someone else, on behalf of a MHSA member. The winner will be chosen by a 3-person committee appointed by the President. The award will be given at the annual MHSA Awards Banquet.
- Attached form and essay questions must be submitted to the MHSA office via scan/email (email@example.com) or via mail – MHSA (Solter Award), 9603 Northwind Road, Parkville, Maryland 21234 – by Friday, September 30th .